Tuesday, April 28, 2009
What the what?
Mark, Cohen and I went shoe shopping tonight. We went to Nordstrom, because we've had gift cards burning holes in our pockets since Christmas and before. We found some great Ecco shoes for Cohen. They were under $20, would go with all of Cohen's clothes and fit his fat feet. And we all know Ecco is a great brand. We were sold. Cohen and Mark ran off and I went to pay. The sales lady said, "Okay that will be $70ish." My mouth dropped. I thought, "The register is so wrong...they need to get that fixed." What came out of my mouth was, "I think that price is incorrect. The tag said 19-something." We went to check the shoe together. The register was correct. I had mistakenly read the European sizes of the shoe: 19-26. I said, "We will not be taking those shoes. Can we see the Converse instead?" Yikes. I got the Nordstrom-sales-lady-stink-eye after that. So I had to redeem myself by helping a makeup counter girl earn her commission.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I can't believe how expensive kids' shoes are. I was at that place in U-village by the play toy and lots of those shoes were $90+. I am not into buying cheap shoes, since N has actually had some problems with shoes, but $70? Puh-lease! Don't forget Nordys half-yearly sale towards the end of May. They have lots of awesome shoes much cheaper than normal.
Ecco shoes are great but they are expensive. My all time favorite pair of shoes is my almost seven year old Eccos that i got for my mission. They aren't the best looking anymore (even though they have been polished many times) but they are very comfortable and very durable. Maybe Uncle Jake will get Cohen a pair when he goes on his
Mission.
Mandy, I did the SAME thing last week at Famous Footwear.
For a kids shoes, NO WAY!!
Don't you hate it when that happens! So maddening and disappointing at the same time.
find a lady at the park with a kid whose feet are a little bigger than cohens, suck up to her, become her friend, and then get her hand me down. that's how i work it, thanks emily larsen;)
oh, and stride right outlet and marshalls rock!
Yikes! Come on, I have a hard time spending that kind on money on a pair of shoes for myself and I've been the same size since 8th grade! With their little footsies growing so fast the most I've ever spend was $35 and that was just recently for a pair of cowboy boots for Hyrum's 4th Birthday.
Post a Comment