http://www.flickr.com/photos/qaby/3190572591/About three weeks ago, Cohen stopped eating dinner. Anything we put in front of him went uneaten. Dinnertime became a major challenge. I researched on the internet and found many helpful ideas - serve tiny portions so the meal isn't intimidating, serve one familiar/well liked food item, disguise veggies in other foods... One that I thought was so lame was to position the food on a plate to look like a smiley face. We tried many of the ideas except the last one. We had very little luck. Cohen would take one, maybe two bites and then say he was done. Tonight I made some mini meatballs and frozen mixed veggies - nothing exciting. I thought, "There is no way Cohen is going to eat this." Then I remembered the one thing we hadn't tried yet. So, while I rolled my eyes, I carefully placed the food on a plate to look like a face. I showed it to Cohen and pointed out the eyes, nose and mouth. He got so excited, climbed into his highchair and reached for the plate. He dove into the food right away. He barely took a break to say the prayer. He continued to eat almost everything on his plate!!!! Mark and I almost started crying! We kept looking at each other mouthing the words, "He's actually eating!!!!!"
2 comments:
Genious! What a great idea!
HILARIOUS! Funny what works, huh?
Post a Comment