Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Good bye wipes.

We use baby wipes for EVERYTHING - cleaning Cohen's hands, washing Cohen's face after eating, cleaning up after a dirty diaper, wiping the high chair tray... We go through them really quickly. I realized that we have to buy them at Costco way too often. We also buy a separate brand for Cohen's diapering, because he has such sensitive skin. So, I figured out some ways to minimize our wipes use. (Bonus - it's saving us money and not filling up the local landfill!) Here are my solutions:
  • Wash hands with water. Cohen loves water anyway...why not teach him to wash his hands in the sink?
  • Use washable cloths to clean up. I have a million brand new microfiber cloths that I was going to use in my classroom. Since I'm not teaching anymore, I might as well use them for something else, right? So, I cut them into fourths and put them in the kitchen drawer. We use them for everything! And since we have a ton, we never run out (even when there are a lot in the hamper).
  • Only use disposable wipes for diapering. Since the Seventh Generation wipes are more expensive, I am good about limiting their use.
The End.

1 comment:

Summer said...

Hey Mandy - I just saw your posts about strollers. We have the Bob Revolution Duallie and I LOVE IT! So I think you made a great choice : ) Have fun!