Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Emergency? Natural disaster? Bring them on!

I finally feel at ease about our 72-hour kit. A couple months ago, my ward hosted an emergency preparedness Enrichment meeting. An emergency specialist from the City of Seattle came and talked to us about being prepared for anything that might happen. One of the things she said was to get a 72-hour kit into an easily mobile container. She suggested rolling luggage. I realized that our emergency kit was in a HUGE plastic container that weighed about a million pounds. I thought to myself, "If Mark is at work, how am I going to get Cohen, myself and that giant container out the door and into the car all while I am freaking out because the world around me is falling apart??" So, I took the expert's advice and bought a sturdy piece of rolling luggage at Good Will. Today I transferred our food into the luggage. Since the food is the heaviest part, I figured it would be good to have it on wheels. Everything else is in backpacks. I shoved it all into the coat closet. We're ready for an emergency!


2 comments:

Julia Mar said...

You're my inspiration to get our 72-hour kits ready and rollin'! Thanks.

Bonnie said...

Good Job, Mandy!