
Can anyone tell me when Mommy Brain goes away??? I understood Baby Brain while I was pregnant...my body was working hard growing a baby. I understood Newborn Brain during the first couple months of Cohen's life...I was running on barely any sleep. However, I have a hard time being patient with Mommy Brain almost a year after Cohen was born! My mom said I need to give myself a break and that it lasts at least a year. She continued to say that my body is concentrating so hard on getting back to normal that my brain has to sacrifice. Well, I'm sick of sounding like an idiot. My Mommy Brain displays itself in my speech. I used to be able to carry on a fairly intelligent conversations. These days I'm lucky if what comes out of my mouth even makes sense. As I walked in the door tonight, Mark said, "Mandy, look at Cohen building a bridge!" I replied, "Cohen is bridging a build?" It is not uncommon for me to say things like this. The worst part is that it takes my brain a couple of seconds to unjumble the words and by then it is too late to avoid the embarrassment. So, to all my fellow mothers...when will I get my brain back??
4 comments:
I know how you feel! I am still waiting for mine to come back... hopefully soon!
The other day I pulled into the garage with the door open, yep, that left a mark! I lose my cell phone on a regular basis, misplace my keys and say off the wall things all the time!
Man, the sacrifices we make as moms!
Good thing our babies are so cute, it makes it all worth it! Right? :)
I promise; it comes back! Of course, at the next pregnancy . . . just don't think about it! You I love. I mean I love you.
Love the photo-he looks so tiny! Mommy Brain is a hard one...I'm going on 10 years (yes I have an almost 10 year old!) and well...it isn't good!
after meeting most mothers, i don't think it ever comes back!! sorry, barbara!
just embrace it and laugh. it is something that unites us. plus, you talk to a one year old all day, is what you say supposed to make sense?? i think i sound goofy all day and my kids love it!! ginkies!
embrace it sister!
"building a bridge, cohen, he is!"
Post a Comment