Sunday, June 27, 2010

I DID IT!!!

Several months + 1 trip to IKEA + countless trips to Joann's + reading and trying to understand a pattern for the first time + cutting + sewing for hours on end + taking out stitches + cursing + fixing those stitches + 2 broken sewing machine needles + ironing + trimming stray thread =

a custom bumper for Baby

This was a MAJOR project for me...probably the most challenging craft to date. Here is my conclusion: I'm happy I did it, but if I ever have the desire for a new crib bumper, I'll just buy one.

Baby now has permission to arrive.
This was my last project. I'm taking a break.

6 comments:

Sanditerese said...

It looks great! I love the pattern.

robin marie said...

I'm impressed! Nice job!

Barbara said...

Wow! The bumper pad looks fantastic! Love the pattern; love the colors; love the height. I can hardly wait to see it in person. Makes me want to start sewing again!

Tara H said...

mandy, so cute!! Love the fabric.

beth said...

i love you!

Kera said...

this is so cute! good job!