Friday, January 16, 2009

The Queen Doesn't Cook #9

I'm obsessed with this salad. I make a huge amount of it and eat some for lunch and some for dinner. Yum! Plus, with the oil allowance, it is completely CORE!!!

TOMATO, CUCUMBER & ONION SALAD

4 medium tomatoes, sliced (I use roma tomatoes - they are the perfect size)
2 medium cucumbers, peeled and sliced
1 onions, sliced and separated (you can use more onion if you want to)
2 T vinegar (I use Red Wine vinegar, but white is probably fine)
1/4 c EVOO
2 T sugar (I use Splenda)
1 t salt
1/2 t black pepper
2 T minced fresh parsley

Mix in a bowl and allow to marinate in the refrigerator for at least an hour. Enjoy!
(I like to make it the night before so that the juices have time to soak in.)

1 comment:

Mark said...

Just to let everyone know the whole Romney house likes this dish!