This morning while I was in the shower I realized that I forgot my father's birthday yesterday. I NEVER forget his birthday. I never forget things having to do with my dad. It made me really sad. It made me wonder if that is what happens...someone passes away and eventually you forget. I hope not. It's depressing.
Then tonight I received some seriously painful news. I'm not ready to share it yet, but I'll say this...it is bringing back feelings that I'm not ready to feel again. I know it will be okay eventually, but it's not okay right now .
For now I'm going to focus on potty training. It's a good distraction.
4 comments:
I remember when this happened to me. I realized that I didn't even feel any different on my mom's birthday than any other day. And it was scary to me.
Over the years, I realized that even though I may begin to forget small things, you NEVER ever forget the person. No matter what. There is always something to help you remember - a smell, a memory that pops into your mind, a phrase, a feeling. You will never forget them. And the great thing is that they never forget you either. And that is what being a family is all about - always remembering each other - no matter which side of the veil you live on.
I love you Mandy!
Mandy, sweet Nicole is right. This has happened to me also. It does make you sad- but, what made me feel better is remembering all the times(and some days it is ALOT)that you do remember them. Advice, a warm hug, or in my case its often food- cinnamontoast, strawberry ice cream- soup and homemade bread. These things bring so many warm feelings from them. They love us still. Someday we will see them again- and hear all about their adventures. I really loved your Dad. He was so warm and funny- and he loved you to pieces!
I'll always remember the smile on his face- driving that convertable in Spokane, dancing with you at your reception,or any time he said Hi to a friend.
I love you too Mandy-
love you.
We did remember but I have forgotten my own Dad's birthday a few times. Families are forever, Mandy. Thanks goodness. We are not ready for it again either. Love you sweetie and I am sorry for your pain. We love you like our own.
Hugs, AB
Post a Comment