Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Return Address Labels from Non-Profits

You've all received them in the mail. They come a couple of times a year pulling on your guilty conscience so that you will donate money. I used to feel bad about using the free return address labels printed with my name, because I never donate to companies that send them to me. But a couple of years ago I talked to my mom about it and she said, "I always use them. They are already printed, so the company isn't losing money if you don't donate." From then on, I've used the labels without any guilt. Don't get me wrong - I love donating to worthy causes. However, I don't like being bribed into donating.

Then they went too far...
Do you see what is glued onto the bottom right corner of the paper??? A NICKEL!!!! The top of the paper says, "Every nickel counts in the fight against diabetes." I totally agree with that. However, if they believe it then why didn't they just take their own nickel and actually use it toward the fight? Now it is like they are paying me to use the return address labels!!!

1 comment:

Liz said...

We got a dime in the mail too! The guilt is awful!